Universal Life Church Seminary Students

This is a list of our seminary students with the Universal Life Church. If you've signed up as a seminary student and wish to be listed on the site, please send me your info and I'll get you added.

Search This Blog

Friday, August 24, 2012

Seminary student - David Sherman


David Sherman Musick b. August 18, 1949. Oildale, California.

I've been a Christian my whole life. I believe the Messiah is God's Anointed one, and the only begotten of the Father. I have felt the call of God in my life from an early age and indeed, went to seminary at 18 in Waxahatchi Texas. The school was the school of my denomination. I dropped out to join the Navy during the VietNam war and stayed in the Military service for 30 years. At some point I realized that denominations and pet doctrines undermine the teachings of Christ, and strip the Word of God of its Spiritual dimensions by the divisive nature of their separate agendas.

I have devoted to follow the dictates of my heart and get to the unshakable and basic foundations of 1st century Christianity. So for the last 30 years I have sought out the Word of God in my own and have arrived at my own conclusions. This is why I chose ULC and it's understanding of liberty and freedom of religion. Its freedom of ordination appeals to me because I don't need a man to qualify me for the ministry. God will do that. If I fail, it will be because I called myself into His ministry instead of the other way round.

To God be the glory. David.